You definitely have heard about the positive effect running, walking, and yoga have on our minds and bodies.
There’s a huge misconception that exercise has to be big, grueling, and all-encompassing in order to make a difference in your life. It doesn’t. It doesn’t even have to be particularly long or intense.
What if I say you don’t need a gym membership, you don’t need a personal trainer and you don’t need to train for hours every day. Running is the world’s most undervalued workout. It’s a simple, easy-to-learn, non-contact, and totally free exercise that can change your life. Really, it’s one of the most effective and natural ways to improve your health, boost your mood, relieve stress, stay fit and feel good.
You can get started with just 10 minutes of running a day, 3 times a week can boost your mood within 7 days. And good mood is just a fraction of the benefits you’ll reap when you start running! In just a short amount of time, you can see a positive change in your outlook. The benefits are pretty incredible. First, the act of physical activity increases your energy levels, your brain power and your creativity. Second, it boosts your body and mind, and strengthens the immune system.
The mental benefits of running are many and include:
- Stress relief: Running can ease the tension caused by worry, frustration, anger, and anxiety.
- Self-esteem: Exercise boosts self-esteem because it improves your physical appearance and you feel good about yourself.
- Mental clarity: Exercise improves your mental clarity by helping your brain focus on the task at hand.
- Energy levels: Running provides a boost of energy and helps you feel more energized throughout the day.
- Your mental health: You’ll notice that running is a great way to de-stress and relieve anxiety. This can have a positive effect on your overall health.
Running boosts your mood for at least 60 minutes after you do it. You’ll feel happier and more focused throughout the day. And you’ll probably have a better time meeting your goals. So go run. In fact, running can be an incredibly effective mood booster.
So what are you waiting for? As if you needed another reason to run…
Did you know that as soon as you start running, the first thing that happens is your body starts producing a chemical called serotonin? Serotonin is the hormone that makes us feel good. You may be wondering why your brain is releasing a chemical that helps you feel better when you exercise. And the answer is simple. When we exercise, the muscles in our body start sending messages to the part of our brain that controls emotions. As a result, our bodies release the chemicals that make us feel happier. So the next time you want to feel happier, simply start running.